2013 - Present
Developer on the Hydra Studio platform, a service that powers online features for video games.
* Worked on developing, maintaining, and monitoring Hydra Studio
* Worked on load testing and scaling Hydra Studio backend services along with tuning any third party services in use.
* Worked on multiple client side SDK's that communicate with the Hydra Studio service.
As a senior software engineer at Agora Games, I am involved in all aspects of the Hydra Studio platform. I have part in feature design and development, as well as bug fixes. I share the responsibility of deploying our code and managing the infrastructure required for it.
Hydra Studio development has exposed me to:
* Multiple programming languages for backend services: Python, typescript
* Multiple databases for backend services: MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch
* Operations work for running the platform, i.e. using saltstack for infrastructure automation and orchestration.
* Multiple programming languages for client side SDKs: C#, C++, Java
* Cross platform development for C++: Windows, OSX, iOS, Linux, WinRT, PS4 and XBox One